In Michigan, getting to average construction industry growth among the states has been a modest goal for the last decade or so. ..
Look for modest growth in U.S. construction in 2013. ..
STERLING HEIGHTS – We’ve come a long way from Henry Ford’s Model T paint shop, where workers brushed on varnish-liked paint to the exterior surfaces of Ford’s vehicles. After 1913 a customer could, of course, have a Model T in any color, as long as it was black. ..
Recent weeks have brought a rash of reports of something that used to be unthinkable in America: employers telling their workers who to vote for. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin