Building trades workers and their families have an opportunity to aid ..
By John Hamilton
President, Detroit Building Trades Council ..
ESCANABA - Turning wood pulp into paper is a power-intensive process, so having reliable, well-maintained boilers is vital to the Mead Corporation. ..
CONSTRUCTION OF THE massive Midfield Terminal at Metro Airport is starting to wind down, but another not-so-small project is just coming out of the ground. Westin Hotels and Resorts is building an $85.1 million, 11-floor, 404-room hotel adjacent to the mile-long Midfield Terminal. Managing the construction of the hotel is Walbridge-Aldinger. Completion is anticipated in September 2002. ..
LANSING - More than a quarter of a century after the U.S. pulled out of the Vietnam War, Michigan soldiers who died in the conflict will be getting a lasting tribute. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction