PLAINWELL - The unionized construction industry would do well to develop a far-sighted "battle plan" for its future survival rather than relying on what has - or hasn't - worked in the past. ..
KALAMAZOO - The first public office building since the Reagan Administration is going up downtown, in the form of the 151,000 square-foot structure that will house law offices for Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone. ..
By John Sweeney
AFL-CIO President ..
President Bush on Oct. 3 vetoed the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) renewal bill. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin