MADISON HEIGHTS – U.S. Rep. Sander Levin, a labor lawyer in his early days, had an active role when Michigan’s labor laws and Constitution were written in the 1960s. He was chairman of the Michigan State Senate Labor Committee, writing the first comprehensive public employment labor relations bill in the nation. ..
During this presidential election year, and with six proposals on the Nov. 6 ballot, Michigan’s Proposal 2 is flying a bit under the radar in terms of national attention, but it’s certainly not going unnoticed. ..
The election on Nov. 6 provides two golden opportunities to turn the tide on the Republican-led destruction of working peoples’ rights and protections in Michigan. I’ll add my support to what you’ve already heard shouted from every rooftop, Vote YES on Proposal 2 to protect Michigan’s working families! ..
Six proposals are on the Nov. 6 ballot – leaving plenty of room for voter confusion, error, and perhaps an inclination to just vote “no” on all of them, or ignore them. ..
DEARBORN – Blaine Coulter let his skills and knowledge do most of his talking after the Boilermakers Local 169 member won the 25th Annual Boilermakers National Outstanding Apprenticeship Award on Sept. 27. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin