MADISON HEIGHTS – U.S. Rep. Sander Levin, a labor lawyer in his early days, had an active role when Michigan’s labor laws and Constitution were written in the 1960s. He was chairman of the Michigan State Senate Labor Committee, writing the first comprehensive public employment labor relations bill in the nation. ..
During this presidential election year, and with six proposals on the Nov. 6 ballot, Michigan’s Proposal 2 is flying a bit under the radar in terms of national attention, but it’s certainly not going unnoticed. ..
The election on Nov. 6 provides two golden opportunities to turn the tide on the Republican-led destruction of working peoples’ rights and protections in Michigan. I’ll add my support to what you’ve already heard shouted from every rooftop, Vote YES on Proposal 2 to protect Michigan’s working families! ..
Six proposals are on the Nov. 6 ballot – leaving plenty of room for voter confusion, error, and perhaps an inclination to just vote “no” on all of them, or ignore them. ..
DEARBORN – Blaine Coulter let his skills and knowledge do most of his talking after the Boilermakers Local 169 member won the 25th Annual Boilermakers National Outstanding Apprenticeship Award on Sept. 27. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction