LANSING - Prevailing wage is good for Michigan. And the nonunion Associated Builders and Contractors, which is the primary backer of the effort to repeal the state's prevailing wage law, does not speak for the entire Michigan construction industry. ..
The statewide petition drive to abolish the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 is continuing, as is the related public information campaign by the law's supporters and misinformation campaign by the Associated Builders and Contractors. ..
The number of unemployed U.S. workers with construction experience dropped to the lowest total for September since 2000. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin