In a win for the nation's workers, the U.S. House on Oct. 2 defeated President Bush's efforts to make changes to federal labor law that would have made up to eight million workers ineligible for overtime pay. ..
WASHINGTON - President Bush sent another signal of his open disdain for the nation's workers and organized labor on Oct. 3, by imposing new onerous and costly bookkeeping rules on labor unions. ..
DELTA TWP. - Building trades union members are erecting the Michigan Technical Education Center/Technical Training Center. And when the project is complete in November 2004, they'll be picking up part of the tab for disadvantaged students who want to learn there. ..
LANSING - During the past six years, Michigan has averaged an 88 percent return on highway funding it sends to the federal government, giving it the dubious distinction of being a "donor state." ..
An underground spring meanders beneath Patton Park in Southwest Detroit, making the soggy soil an undesirable site for the extensive sewer line work that's currently taking place. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women