Almost two years ago, conservative members of Congress, and their sycophants in the media (or, should I say the conservative media and their sycophants in Congress) set about on a tirade over President Obama’s proposal to provide federal monetary assistance to rescue General Motors and Chrysler. In truth, the assistance provided by the federal government actually began with the Bush Administration – but conservatives are never ones to ever let facts get in the way of their seemingly endless quest to demonize President Obama. ..
MIDLAND – The city is sponsoring construction that will turn brown energy into greenbacks, saving taxpayers thousands of dollars in energy costs. ..
Nationwide, new construction starts advanced 6 percent from July to August, a trend that shows continued stability – although stability in a lousy market is hardly what the industry needs. ..
SAGINAW – Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 85 brought in a parking lot-full of plumbing, heating and green industry demonstration equipment to give visitors an idea of what goes on in an industry whose work is vital to public safety and health – but is usually out of sight, and out of mind. ..
LANSING – Charge! ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – Four U.S. construction unions – the Operating Engineers, Teamsters, Laborers and the Plumbers and Pipefitters – signed a Project Labor Agreement (PLA) on Sept. 14 with a large Canadian energy company, to build a big trans-national oil pipeline from the oil sands of Alberta to the refineries of Texas’ Gulf Coast. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages