President Obama’s American Jobs Act, as expected, died a quick death in the U.S. Senate and likely won’t be resurrected any time before Election Day 2012. ..
I’m afraid we’ll need more than marches to get jobs back. ..
MARQUETTE – A new chapter in the Upper Peninsula’s rich mining history is being written on a site 26 miles northwest of here on an area called the Yellow Dog Plains. ..
Construction employers added 26,000 jobs between August and September as the industry’s unemployment rate dropped to 13.3 percent, from 13.5 percent, according to an analysis of new federal employment data released Oct. 7 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
LANSING – There are several Republican-backed right-to-work bills and proposals that are floating around the state Capitol. One would allow local governments to institute right-to-work “zones” in their corner of the state. Another would make RTW a statewide law. Last month, a state Republican leader advocated “right-to-teach” legislation in an effort to specifically break the Michigan Education Association. ..
MUSKEGON – Now this is a right-to-work resolution organized labor can live with. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved