(By Robert Reich, Fmr. U.S. Secretary of Labor) ..
New construction starts in September retreated 7 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $405.2 billion, according to an Oct. 18 report by McGraw-Hill Construction. ..
(By Melissa Preddy, The Center for Michigan) ..
(By Mark Gaffney, Michigan AFL-CIO) ..
(By Mark Gruenberg, PAI Staff Writer) ..
LANSING – In an era dominated by cost-friendly, steel-framed and glass-walled tower construction, the Accident Fund’s headquarters building, currently under renovation, will continue to stand out as a beautiful architectural throwback gracing the city’s skyline – and will surely be among the most substantial office buildings in the nation. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?