(By Robert Reich, Fmr. U.S. Secretary of Labor) ..
New construction starts in September retreated 7 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $405.2 billion, according to an Oct. 18 report by McGraw-Hill Construction. ..
(By Melissa Preddy, The Center for Michigan) ..
(By Mark Gaffney, Michigan AFL-CIO) ..
(By Mark Gruenberg, PAI Staff Writer) ..
LANSING – In an era dominated by cost-friendly, steel-framed and glass-walled tower construction, the Accident Fund’s headquarters building, currently under renovation, will continue to stand out as a beautiful architectural throwback gracing the city’s skyline – and will surely be among the most substantial office buildings in the nation. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin