By Harry Kelber ..
ROMULUS - The North Terminal has flung open its gates - all 27 of them - completing a three-year-long construction project that will burnish the reputation of Metro Airport as one of the finest in the country. ..
LANSING - Billions of dollars in construction activity is expected to be unleashed in Michigan as the result of the Sept. 18 bipartisan passage of three bills that re-regulate the state's electrical utilities. ..
GRAND RAPIDS - The call to make Michigan a right-to-work state pops its ugly head up now and then, and its latest sighting was at the 2008 West Michigan Regional Policy Conference held Sept. 18-19 in Grand Rapids. ..
COOPERSVILLE - A mobile classroom mounted on a truck trailer rolled through Michigan recently, showing off environmentally friendly - or green - construction applications for construction workers and the general public. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?