Welding fumes are hardly a breath of fresh air. ..
YPSILANTI - More than 1,500 United Association pipe trades instructors descended on Washtenaw Community College again this year, during the annual week-long Instructor Training Program Aug. 14-18. ..
LANSING - A bill mandating inspections during construction or renovation of school buildings seems poised for passage. ..
How can the rate of death and injury in highway traffic zones be reduced? ..
At a time when the health hazards of all kinds of construction industry substances are being called into question - substances like drywall dust, lead, silica, and most recently, sawdust - health experts are reminding Hardhats to take extra caution before they give the spouse and kids a hug upon returning home. ..
By Richard J. Mee
Chief, Construction Safety Division ..
In today's tight job market, more and more employers, for the first time, will turn to younger people to meet these needs this summer. For many young people, this will be their first job. ..
LANSING - More MIOSHA inspectors and stiffer penalties against companies that violate worker safety standards - those are two ever-present objectives of the building trades, and they're actually getting some attention in our state capitol. ..
When it comes to the frequency of workplace safety inspections in the U.S., Michigan stacks up pretty well. But it's another story when it comes to imposing fines on contractors who break the law. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages