By Sean McGarvey
North America's Building Trades Unions ..
By Sean McGarvey
WASHINGTON - A ruling issued Aug. 27 by the National Labor Relations Board "will make many business leaders’ heads spin," says the National Law Review. The Wall Street Journal's lead editorial on Aug. 29 accused the NLRB of making a ruling that "radically rewrites U.S. labor law" and of "ruining countless August vacations this week" for its readers in the business community. The National Federation of Independent Business warned the ruling could “blow up” long-standing business models. ..
Michigan's right-to-work law, adopted in December 2012 over the vociferous objections of organized labor and state Democratic lawmakers, continues to be a sore subject whenever it comes up. ..
DETROIT – A coalition of organized construction contractor associations and skilled labor unions launched a new advertising campaign on Labor Day to raise awareness about career opportunities in the skilled trades. The MUST Construction Careers campaign includes billboards, bus wraps, and television ads. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin