Every four years, Labor Day is traditionally the kickoff date for the presidential election season, and this year the first Monday in September has even more significance. ..
Jack Wood, a legend at the Greater Detroit Building Trades Council for more than 20 years, passed away Aug. 22, 2000 after an extended illness. He was 81. ..
The predicted long, hot summer never materialized for Michigan this year, so record high demand for electricity to power the state's air conditioners never happened, either. ..
Declaring "my focus is on working families," Al Gore accepted the Democratic nomination for U.S. president at the party's Los Angeles Convention last month. Union members made up 30 percent of the 5,000 delegates. ..
YPSILANTI - More than 1,500 United Association pipe trades instructors descended on Washtenaw Community College again this year, during the annual week-long Instructor Training Program Aug. 14-18. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it