Every four years, Labor Day is traditionally the kickoff date for the presidential election season, and this year the first Monday in September has even more significance. ..
Jack Wood, a legend at the Greater Detroit Building Trades Council for more than 20 years, passed away Aug. 22, 2000 after an extended illness. He was 81. ..
The predicted long, hot summer never materialized for Michigan this year, so record high demand for electricity to power the state's air conditioners never happened, either. ..
Declaring "my focus is on working families," Al Gore accepted the Democratic nomination for U.S. president at the party's Los Angeles Convention last month. Union members made up 30 percent of the 5,000 delegates. ..
YPSILANTI - More than 1,500 United Association pipe trades instructors descended on Washtenaw Community College again this year, during the annual week-long Instructor Training Program Aug. 14-18. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved