The Michigan Public Service Commission dropped a bombshell report on the state utilities, contractors and the building trades Sept. 8, by releasing its findings during the application process that said the construction of two power plants in Michigan representing billions of dollars in work is unnecessary. ..
DETROIT – The 40-story Guardian Building’s listing on the National Register of Historic Places calls it “one of the most exuberant Art Deco skyscrapers built in America.” ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction