The Michigan Public Service Commission dropped a bombshell report on the state utilities, contractors and the building trades Sept. 8, by releasing its findings during the application process that said the construction of two power plants in Michigan representing billions of dollars in work is unnecessary. ..
DETROIT – The 40-story Guardian Building’s listing on the National Register of Historic Places calls it “one of the most exuberant Art Deco skyscrapers built in America.” ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?