ESSEXVILLE - Consumers Energy has selected the grounds of its Karn/Weadock Generating Complex near Bay City as the site for construction of an 800-megawatt coal power plant. ..
PORT HURON - More than 35 years after Michigan's worst construction accident claimed the lives of 22 workers, there was finally some closure for some of the victims' families on Aug. 31. ..
ROMULUS - One year from now, airline passengers at Metro Airport's North Terminal will be checking luggage, getting tickets, enjoying a latte, wandering the concourse and waiting for their plane to take them somewhere else. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - By a 74-24 margin, the U.S. Senate on Sept. 11 voted to ban uninspected Mexican trucks from U.S. roads. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Ultimately, it's a vote whose purpose will probably only illustrate the difference between typically union-friendly Democrats and anti-union Republicans. ..
SOUTHFIELD - Students at Lawrence Tech University participating in the Solar Decathlon 2007 have easy access to the plans, theories and textbooks that address energy efficient construction techniques. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?