“When written in Chinese, the word ‘crisis’ is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.” ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The Tea Party, which has taken over the Republican Party and produced “craziness” there, is responsible for the “tremendous war on workers” now being waged nationwide, Teamsters President James Hoffa says. ..
After being buried for decades, exposed to heat and frost cycles, and acting as a conduit for a constant 90 pounds of steam, Michigan State University has gotten its money’s worth out of its West Circle Steam Loop system. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The drop in workers’ income from the Great Recession, piled on prior decline during the weak 2001-07 recovery, was so deep that it may take until 2020 before workers’ incomes match their peak set in 2000, the Economic Policy Institute says. It calls that prospect “an under-appreciated economic calamity.” ..
Where unions are present, wages tend to be higher. And few would argue that raising American workers’ wages and improving the level of health care and insurance coverage would be a major stimulant for a struggling U.S. economy. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?