“When written in Chinese, the word ‘crisis’ is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.” ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The Tea Party, which has taken over the Republican Party and produced “craziness” there, is responsible for the “tremendous war on workers” now being waged nationwide, Teamsters President James Hoffa says. ..
After being buried for decades, exposed to heat and frost cycles, and acting as a conduit for a constant 90 pounds of steam, Michigan State University has gotten its money’s worth out of its West Circle Steam Loop system. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The drop in workers’ income from the Great Recession, piled on prior decline during the weak 2001-07 recovery, was so deep that it may take until 2020 before workers’ incomes match their peak set in 2000, the Economic Policy Institute says. It calls that prospect “an under-appreciated economic calamity.” ..
Where unions are present, wages tend to be higher. And few would argue that raising American workers’ wages and improving the level of health care and insurance coverage would be a major stimulant for a struggling U.S. economy. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin