Construction is still very much a man's world, with women workers comprising less than three percent of the industry's workforce. There aren't any statistics on the percentage of building trades women who hold union office, but they are rare. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer
WASHINGTON (PAI) - With the Nov. 7 general election fast approaching, there are two things you can say for certain about the 2006 campaign: Organized labor is pushing economic issues, and the U.S. House is up for grabs. And both are important to working men and
LANSING - There's no denying that Michigan's job situation is dire, with a 7.1 percent jobless rate that is leading the nation. ..
LANSING - More than 200 Hardhats are putting their skills to work building the Sparrow Health System West Wing Addition, the largest construction project at the facility in two decades. ..
NOVI - The first new hospital to be constructed in southeast Michigan in the last 20 years was topped out Aug. 31 - creating the second construction milestone for St. John Providence Park Hospital after its January groundbreaking. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Delegates to three building trades international unions, having returned from their general conventions, committed to making dramatic changes in organizing funding and strategies. ..
By Scott Schneider
& Safety Fund
The question of how well a respirator protects has been a matter of controversy between users and manufacturers for many years. ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades