Construction is still very much a man's world, with women workers comprising less than three percent of the industry's workforce. There aren't any statistics on the percentage of building trades women who hold union office, but they are rare. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer
WASHINGTON (PAI) - With the Nov. 7 general election fast approaching, there are two things you can say for certain about the 2006 campaign: Organized labor is pushing economic issues, and the U.S. House is up for grabs. And both are important to working men and
LANSING - There's no denying that Michigan's job situation is dire, with a 7.1 percent jobless rate that is leading the nation. ..
LANSING - More than 200 Hardhats are putting their skills to work building the Sparrow Health System West Wing Addition, the largest construction project at the facility in two decades. ..
NOVI - The first new hospital to be constructed in southeast Michigan in the last 20 years was topped out Aug. 31 - creating the second construction milestone for St. John Providence Park Hospital after its January groundbreaking. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Delegates to three building trades international unions, having returned from their general conventions, committed to making dramatic changes in organizing funding and strategies. ..
By Scott Schneider
& Safety Fund
The question of how well a respirator protects has been a matter of controversy between users and manufacturers for many years. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center