Construction is still very much a man's world, with women workers comprising less than three percent of the industry's workforce. There aren't any statistics on the percentage of building trades women who hold union office, but they are rare. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer
WASHINGTON (PAI) - With the Nov. 7 general election fast approaching, there are two things you can say for certain about the 2006 campaign: Organized labor is pushing economic issues, and the U.S. House is up for grabs. And both are important to working men and
LANSING - There's no denying that Michigan's job situation is dire, with a 7.1 percent jobless rate that is leading the nation. ..
LANSING - More than 200 Hardhats are putting their skills to work building the Sparrow Health System West Wing Addition, the largest construction project at the facility in two decades. ..
NOVI - The first new hospital to be constructed in southeast Michigan in the last 20 years was topped out Aug. 31 - creating the second construction milestone for St. John Providence Park Hospital after its January groundbreaking. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Delegates to three building trades international unions, having returned from their general conventions, committed to making dramatic changes in organizing funding and strategies. ..
By Scott Schneider
& Safety Fund
The question of how well a respirator protects has been a matter of controversy between users and manufacturers for many years. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages