- Many communities around the nation are distressed about the latest round of military base closings that are currently on the Pentagon's front burner. ..
The building trades and the rest of organized labor will on the march again on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 5, and union members across Michigan are urged to make plans to attend celebrations in their community. ..
The workingmen's (and women's) holiday: 'who from rude nature have delved and carved all the grandeur we behold.'
The history of the Labor Day ..
BATTLE CREEK - A food bank serving the members of IBEW Local 445 is paying dividends for electricians who need a helping hand. ..
Michigan's long history of bridge construction added another chapter on July 27, with the topping-off of the new I-94 "Gateway Bridge" in Taylor. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin