- Many communities around the nation are distressed about the latest round of military base closings that are currently on the Pentagon's front burner. ..
The building trades and the rest of organized labor will on the march again on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 5, and union members across Michigan are urged to make plans to attend celebrations in their community. ..
The workingmen's (and women's) holiday: 'who from rude nature have delved and carved all the grandeur we behold.'
The history of the Labor Day ..
BATTLE CREEK - A food bank serving the members of IBEW Local 445 is paying dividends for electricians who need a helping hand. ..
Michigan's long history of bridge construction added another chapter on July 27, with the topping-off of the new I-94 "Gateway Bridge" in Taylor. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?