BAY CITY – More than half a century after unions reached their pinnacle of clout in 1953 – when 35.7 of the U.S. workforce was in the house of organized labor – unions are not far from becoming irrelevant to the American political process. ..
Mark Gaffney is president of the Michigan AFL-CIO. He spoke to Michigan Building Trades delegates on Aug. 24. ..
On Monday, Aug. 23, the Bush administration took away the right to receive overtime pay from millions of employees in a broad range of occupations, from office workers in financial services to embalmers, nursery school teachers and restaurant chefs and assistant managers. ..
KALAMAZOO – A place to walk and a place to unwind were created for clients at the Jim Gilmore Jr. Treatment Center by Southwest Michigan Building Trades workers. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it