The presidency of George W. Bush has been dominated by three major issues: the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks, the war with Iraq, and the nation's economy. ..
President Bush's budget for 2004 will reflect a shortfall of $480 billion. Over nearly three years, the Bush Administration has been giving American workers the short end of the stick, too. ..
A diehard group of a few thousand building trades workers and their families braved the wet weather on Sept. 1 and celebrated Labor Day - with umbrellas and ponchos joining hard hats and union shirts as the fashion of the day. ..
The state's telephone system for accepting unemployment claims is open for business in western Michigan and unemployed workers are being encouraged to use it. ..
The gap at the top of the 63-foot tall Michigan Labor Legacy Landmark represents labor's unfinished tasks. ..
By Douglas L. Maibach, P.E. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced