At its core, Michigan’s new right-to-work laws covering public and private employees are fairly simple. ..
DETROIT – Politically, Michigan’s labor movement could use a plan to get out of the wilderness. ..
DETROIT – You don’t have to look too far back to see where all the anti-labor legislation in Michigan came from. Union household votes have been declining. ..
Multiemployer pension plans such as those that cover the building trades are healthier since the depths of the Great Recession, but have a ways to go before they rebound to levels from five or six years ago. ..
IN HONOR OF THEIR 100th Anniversary next year, IBEW Local 58 was given lead position in this year’s Detroit Labor Day Parade. Thousands of union members followed and joined the march along Michigan Avenue. Thank you to all who attended. ..
The UAW notified its members late last month that it would appeal an Aug. 15 appeals court ruling which found that Michigan’s right-to-work law does apply to about 30,000 state employees. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction