DETROIT – Barack Obama’s Labor Day visit to the Motor City – a presidential tradition from a generation ago which seems to have been mostly forgotten in recent decades – comes during a period in his term of office when the president and organized labor might benefit from spending some time together. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) –Twelve building trades unions – all but, so far, the Teamsters – have decided not to financially support or send members as delegates to next year’s Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. ..
Labor Day is traditionally a time for picnics and parades. But this year is no picnic for American workers, and a protest march would be more appropriate than a parade. ..
KINGSFORD – Built just above the Wisconsin border, construction was wrapping up late last month on the Oldenburg Group’s new Technology Center. ..
The so-called “Fair and Open Competition in Government Contracting Act” is not fair and adversely affects the ability of contractors signatory to collective bargaining agreements from winning work. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin