DETROIT – Barack Obama’s Labor Day visit to the Motor City – a presidential tradition from a generation ago which seems to have been mostly forgotten in recent decades – comes during a period in his term of office when the president and organized labor might benefit from spending some time together. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) –Twelve building trades unions – all but, so far, the Teamsters – have decided not to financially support or send members as delegates to next year’s Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. ..
Labor Day is traditionally a time for picnics and parades. But this year is no picnic for American workers, and a protest march would be more appropriate than a parade. ..
KINGSFORD – Built just above the Wisconsin border, construction was wrapping up late last month on the Oldenburg Group’s new Technology Center. ..
The so-called “Fair and Open Competition in Government Contracting Act” is not fair and adversely affects the ability of contractors signatory to collective bargaining agreements from winning work. ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades