With the airwaves filled with election rhetoric already for much of the year, few Americans would mind if we returned to the tradition of making Labor Day the kickoff point of the presidential campaign season. ..
So, Michigan voters…what makes you so special? ..
Jeremy Hughes, superintendent of Dearborn Schools, argues that education vouchers will not provide parents with the choice and competition in education that voucher proponents promise. He urges voter opposition to the proposed amendment to the Michigan Constitution that is on the November ballot. ..
AFL-CIO Building Trades Department convention delegates unanimously elected Edward C. Sullivan as president and Joseph Maloney as secretary-treasurer for five-year terms at the July 25 constitutional convention. ..
A compassionate conservative? The record of George Bush during his years as Texas governor indicates otherwise. ..
- Trades respond, fume, as public comment period ends for IRAPs
- NLRB seals the deal: Employers can fire workers who don't agree to arbitration
- Decision on overtime pay reduction about to hit workers
- Construction activity: 'No sign of letting up'
- Bills aim to reduce fraud vs. workers
- New survey highlights, again, national construction worker shortage
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- 'A lot to like' about major new development in Kalamazoo
- News Briefs
- Tell the DOL: Hands off building trades apprenticeships