There's a new name for "Paycheck Protection." ..
By Thomas Boensch
Michigan State Building and Construction Trades Council ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)-- President Clinton's agenda for his last year in office includes securing funding for Social Security and Medicare, especially prescription drug coverage, and rebuilding public schools. ..
WASHINGTON - Here's a sampling of what happened and what was heard at the annual AFL-CIO Building Trades Department Legislative Conference April 3-6, via Press Associates. ..
- 'Back Forty' Gold Mine in the U.P. takes a step forward
- Trades fill in the gap at One Campus Martius
- U.S. economy, construction industry both humming along
- Doomed PRO Act spotlights need for a prosperous U.S. labor movement
- Lawmakers push worker safety bills
- Trades are watching Muskegon Convention Center project
- Workplace fatals become depressingly common
- AG Nessel gives shady contractors a wake-up call on 1099 cheating
- Dem presidential candidates make pitch to trades - all stay right over the plate
- Whitmer indicates Line 5 tunnel option is still in play